2019-2020 Lesson Policy
- Your Teacher: Your instructor is an independent contractor, not an employee of Amped School of Music. They establish the available schedule and lesson plan.
- Calendar: Please follow our calendar for breaks: www.ampedschoolofmusic.com/calendar
- Safety: Your child’s safety is of the utmost importance. If you choose to leave the store during your child’s lesson, please return on time. Amped School of Music is not responsible for the loss of personal items. Keep your belongings with you at all times.
- Flat Tuition: The tuition fee is divided equally over a twelve-month period and the monthly tuition amount remains the same regardless of how many lessons are taught in the month. Tuition reserves your time slot for the same day and time each week.
- Autopay: Lesson accounts are set up on Monthly Autopay and charged on the 1st of the upcoming month of lessons.
- Late Payments: Payments not made by the 4th of the month will incur a $30 late fee. If tuition is still not received by the 7th of the month, lessons are suspended until the account is settled. After 30 days, the student is considered dismissed and will lose their exclusive spot in the schedule and will have to re-enroll.
- Stop Lessons: To stop lessons, written notice must be given by the 15th day of the final month of lessons to stop tuition for the following month. Please fill out a Lesson Discontinuation Form at the desk or online: www.ampedschoolofmusic.com/stoplessons
- Student Cancellations: Missed lessons are inevitable and, therefore, have been taken into account in the overall cost of tuition. No makeups, credits, or refunds are given for missed lessons. Please log into our online portal to cancel at lesson: www.ampedschoolofmusic.com/login
- Illness: Students should stay home if they are ill and contagious. The instructor reserves the right to cancel a lesson if the student is too ill to be taught or appears to be contagious.
- Teacher Absences: In the case of teacher absences, a qualified substitute will cover the lesson. In rare cases, the lesson may be rescheduled or the teacher may send a video lesson.
- Inclement Weather: We follow the West Acres Mall for weather closures and will notify students via email if lessons are canceled the day of or before. For the safety of our students and teachers, teachers will send a personalized video lesson to students via email that can be viewed at the student’s convenience.